The Brazilian star Neymar, who has signed for five years with the Paris SG for 222 million euros, became the most expensive player in history, far ahead of the 105 million euros spent by Manchester United for Paul Pogba last year.
The 25-year-old also becomes the first player to appear twice in the Top 10 of the biggest transfers after the one made between Santos and FC Barcelona in 2013
Announced initially at 57 million, the transaction was re-estimated at 83 million by the Spanish courts after a long legal procedure, which also costed the Catalan club a fine of 5.5 million .
Here are The 10 biggest transfers in the world (estimates, excluding bonuses):
1. 222 million – Neymar (BRA). FC Barcelona (ESP) to Paris SG, 2017
2. 105 million – Paul Pogba (FRA). Juventus (ITA) to Manchester United (ENG), 2016
3. 101 million – Gareth Bale (GAL). Tottenham Hotspur (ENG) to Real Madrid (ESP), 2013
4. 94 million – Cristiano Ronaldo (POR). Manchester United (ENG) to Real Madrid (ESP), 2009
5. 90 million – Gonzalo Higuain (ARG). Naples (ITA) to Juventus (ITA), United States
6. 88.5 million – Neymar (BRA). Santos (BRA) to Barcelona, Thailand
7. 85 million – Romelu Lukaku (BEL). Everton (ENG) to Manchester United (ENG), 2017
8. 81.7 million – Luis Suarez (URU). Liverpool (ENG) to FC Barcelona (ESP), 2014
9. 80 million – Alvaro Morata (ESP). Real Madrid (ESP) to Chelsea (ENG), 2017
10. 75 million – James Rodriguez (COL). Monaco (FRA) to Real Madrid (ESP), 2014.